Azores and Back Yacht Race 2011

After Sam White and Richard Raistricks efforts on the race to the Azores the race home will see Sam's first solo ocean race. The competion comprises some of the finest sailors in the UK and thanks to a great race here Sam is still well within sight of a podium finish. This is Yacht racing at its best and of course anything could happen in the next 1250 miles.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

the water tank strikes again....

When miles from shore and on your own on a small boat it is always quite disturbing come below and find the floor boards floating, the initial thought is not repeatable. But I am sure you can imagine! luckily this time it is not too severe, and after a few hours of bailing out the problem is sorted. luckily I only carried half a tank of water an carried the rest in bottles! As long as I am not out here too long I have enough water- I guess i will just have to sail faster!
 

1 comment: